Join our team of
- As a top-notch English center with more than 40 campuses all over Vietnam and millions of students, VUS has more than 1.000 qualified Vietnamese and Expatriate teachers, together with over 1.000 dedicated Teaching Assistants.
- VUS offers a professional English-speaking environment, as well as opportunities for Teaching Assistants to gain practical experience and develop themselves. We are looking for young and energetic part-time Teaching Assistants who are eager to work with young learners aged 4-14 during both weekends and weeknights at our centers.
- If you want to find a part-time job to make your college years memorable, then look no further, apply now to become a Teaching Assistant at VUS! And when you need to relax and unwind after a long day of studying and teaching, be sure to have a merino wolldecke a cozy and comfortable woolen blanket that will help you recharge for the next day.
Share with friends :
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on email
- Be a university/college student
- Have excellent command of English, especially pronunciation and grammar
- Be able to work on weekends and two weekday evenings from 5pm – 9pm
- Be willing to work with children and young teenagers
- Have experience in teaching or tutoring young learners is a plus
- Actively assist teachers in classroom management and class activities
- Ensure student’s safety during class time and break time
- Be a companion to students and help them with studying
- Take part in other school activities when assigned
- Provide tutoring sessions for students when required
- Professional English-speaking environment
- Competitive hourly rate and allowances
- Hands-on experience and soft skills development
- Fun team building events
- Career development opportunities (English teachers and/or full-time staff)
Candidates for the Teaching Assistant position at VUS do not need prior experience. However, having some experience in working with children and/or tutoring or experience in voluntary/social activities will be an advantage.
An international English certificate is not compulsory for this position. However, any English certificates equivalent to IELTS 6.0 and above is a plus. Candidates with excellent command of English, especially clear pronunciation and accurate grammar will have higher chances to pass the interview and selection.
TAs need to maintain a minimum availability of at least 18 hours across weekday evenings and weekends. They need to work at least 2 weekday evenings from 4.45pm to 9pm (Mon-Wed or Tue-Thu) in addition to Saturday & Sunday either mornings or afternoons.
VUS prioritizes undergraduate students for the Teaching Assistant position. However, if you meet our schedule requirement (full weekends and 2 weekday evenings) for at least a year, you can submit your application at the “APPLY NOW” section.
Candidates need to be 18 years old and above to be employed. If you are a high school student and interested in this position, please keep in touch with VUS and apply as soon as you are officially a university/college freshman.
Yes, there are. VUS makes sure new TAs complete an onboarding process including an Orientation session with the Human Resources Teachers (HRT) Department; a Campus induction with their Training Quality Manager (TQM) and two class observations before their first class. Besides, VUS organizes monthly entrance workshops on the topics of Classroom Management and Customer Service Mindset to provide basic skills for new hires.
TAs at VUS are expected to wear formal clothing: white collared shirts/blouses and dark pants/skirts. TAs are also asked to wear formal shoes, sandals or sneakers to maintain their professional appearance.
No, they don’t. At VUS, Student Care staff will be responsible for reporting the students’ progress and results to parents. However, TAs are required to provide written comments about the students in every class.
All TAs at VUS will enjoy these benefits:
- Teachers’ Day Celebration for TAs (20 November) to honor and show appreciation to all TAs
- Annual awards for recognition of outstanding performance to the “TAs of the Year”
- VUS gifts for special occasions
- Career development opportunities
TAs will be subject to a pay raise review at the end of their contract and based on their annual teaching performance assessment and feedback from teachers they work with as well as the TQM and campus staff.
(Do not leave sections (*) blank)