Join our team of
EXPATRIATE TEACHERS OF ENGLISH
Expatriate Teacher of English
- VUS has consistently been one of the biggest employers of English teachers in Vietnam. Currently VUS employs over 2,000 English teaching professionals to teach English in Vietnam.
- VUS is one of the biggest language centers in the South of Vietnam with the majority of its English schools in Ho Chi Minh city. We are expanding to new locations each year with English schools in Hanoi, English schools in Bien Hoa, English schools in Binh Duong, an English school in Da Nang and an English school in Vung Tau.
- We are looking for full-time/part-time English speaking teachers who can take on a wide variety of ages (predominantly with 6-16 year olds) during both weekends and weeknights at our centers.
- Would you like to develop your teaching career in a professional global organisation?
- Would you like to work in a centre where professional development is a priority?
- Do you enjoy teaching English to Young Learners and Teens?
- Are you interested in highly competitive salary and benefits?
If the answer is “yes”, apply for a position at VUS now!
Share with friends :
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on email
- Bachelors’ degree or higher
- TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certificate
- Native level of English proficiency
- A clean criminal record
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities and organized lessons with provided materials ( Lesson plan submission is not a requirement)
- Actively engage in professional development and performance management to ensure the level of teaching meets the learner needs and quality standards at VUS
- Motivate students to actively study to reach their outcome quickly and effectively
- Participate in program briefings/meetings/sharing sessions
- Maintain good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Competitive hourly wage
- Work permit reimbursement
- Location bonus/travel allowance/sign-on bonus for selected locations
- Free Vietnamese language classes
- All expenses paid company events and outing trips
- Support from teaching assistants for young learner classes
- Assistance in work permit and visa/TRC application (See more)
- Training and mentoring from Managers and Senior Teachers
- Thorough onboarding process and professional development options
Additional benefits for
- Contract completion bonus
- Fully comprehensive health insurance policy
- Vacation allowance
- Free work visa/TRC and work permit renewals
- Enhanced benefits from the 2nd year onwards
Unfortunately not. Vietnamese law requires all foreign teachers to obtain a work permit and this cannot be done without a bachelor degree or higher qualification (Masters degrees or PhD’s are also accepted). You must have the original certificate or a correctly authenticated copy.
To apply for VUS you will need at least a bachelor degree (or higher), plus a teaching certification eg. CELTA, Trinity or any accredited TESOL qualification. Teaching certificates with an in-class component are preferable to those attained purely online.
After the initial 3-month probationary period, the standard contract length is attached to the length of your work permit. This period will usually be between 12-24 month. We do not offer shorter term contracts for seasonal workers as we value longer term continuity and consistency for our students.
VUS provides full support in obtaining the correct work visa or temporary resident card and a work permit. VUS will also pay for the work permit certificate and reimburse all teachers for the cost of document authentication 3 months after obtaining the work permit.
VUS only employs Native English speakers or those who speak with a native English fluency and highly qualified Vietnamese English teachers. If you are a non-native English speaker then we will consider your application if you provide an introduction video.
VUS offers 450,000 VND per hour (GROSS/before tax) as standard for most new expat teachers. Annual pay raises are dependent on teaching performance.
As with most language centers who teach English in Vietnam, we mainly operate outside of regular school and work hours. The majority of our classes take place at weekends and during weekday evenings, although we do also run some daytime classes too.
VUS prides itself as one of the best English schools in Vietnam and its facilities are no exception. Every VUS building is modern and clean with air conditioning throughout. Unlike many other English schools in Vietnam, every classroom at VUS is equipped with a computer, a projector, a whiteboard and speakers. Additionally, every center has a teachers’ lounge with computers, printers, photocopiers and a wealth of resources as well as teacher care staff for support.
Part-time teachers can expect to work between 12-15 hours per week. Those on full time contracts can expect between 20-25 hours per week. Both PT and FT teachers can generally expect more hours if their location is further away from the center of Ho Chi Minh City.
“VUS has teaching jobs in Vietnam suitable for both local and overseas applicants. Firstly, all applicants must complete the application form and upload their documents through the “”Apply Now”” button on this website. Our HR Teachers (HRT) Team will then schedule and interview with you either in person or via a video call. Our interviews are usually about one hour in length and are designed to assess your academic ability as well as your general compatibility with our high standards.”
New teachers are observed in their first month of teaching and assessed on their teaching performance. Whether teachers pass probation or not is dependent on the academic assessment from observations by the TQM, feedback from students, disciplinary issues and availability. The TQM may extend the probationary period up to 2 months if necessary.
Yes, you will receive full hourly payment during your probationary period.
At VUS, teachers will have opportunities to develop their teaching career with entrance workshops, in-house training sessions, peer obsersations, class observations & feedback sessions, the annual TESOL conference/webinar series and training workshops conducted by our academic partners.
- Comprehensive health insurance policy
- Vacation allowance
- Work Visa and TRC renewal fees paid
- Document fees for work permit renewal paid (health check, etc.)
- Full-time completion bonus; equal to between 80-100 hours (based on the average number of hours worked over the course of the agreement term) multiplied by the teacher’s hourly rate at the time the bonus payment is due”
- WP reimbursement
- Location bonus
- Travel allowance
- Free Vietnamese class
- Sign on bonus
- Continuous professional development and mentoring”
Yes, VUS have more than 39 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City, Thu Dau Mot, Bien Hoa, Vung Tau, Da Nang & Ha Noi which offer great opportunities for teachers to explore new cultures and environments in different areas of Viet Nam.
(Do not leave sections (*) blank)